Mass Housing Mortgages
Poli Mortgage Group, Inc. is proud to offer Mass Housing Mortgages to qualified home buyers who reside in the Great State of Massachusetts.
The Mass Housing Finance Agency is a not-for-profit agency which does not rely on subsidies from the State to fund it’s home lending business. Instead, Mass Housing packages the loans it buys from approved lenders, such as Poli Mortgage, into bonds and sells them very much like a bank would.
The Mass Housing mortgage program is designed to serve moderate income borrowers throughout Massachusetts with low fixed rates and flexible guidelines.
This flexibility gives Mass Housing control over its’ underwriting standards and that can mean an incredibly low fixed mortgage rate, with low down payment requirements for your next home purchase or refinance.
Some of the Key Features of the Mass Housing Program
- Programs for first time home buyers and refinancers
- Low fixed mortgage rates with 30 and 60 day rate lock options
- Low fixed monthly payments
- Flexible underwriting
- Non-traditional credit allowed (credit items which may not appear on your credit report, cell phone, utility bills, insurance)
- Speedy underwriting decisions
- Up to 97% financing on Single Family homes (as little as 3% down)
- Up to 95% financing on 2 – 4 family homes
- Multiple Private Mortgage Insurance Options available
- No PMI Programs
- Special MI Plus Program – Mortgage insurance that not only protects the bond holders, but it also protects you in the event you lose your job!
- You make one simple payment to Mass Housing directly
Why Doesn’t Everyone Just Get a Mass Housing Loan?
There are certain requirements that do need to be met in order to qualify for the Mass Housing Program.
- Lenders must meet rigorous standards in order to gain approval
- Loan limits are set on a county by county basis
- Household Income limits are set by county or community as well as high as $123,660 annual income for the household
- Borrowers will typically need to have a clean credit history, not a deep credit history, but clean
Are Mass Housing Loans Sub-Prime Loans?
No – Mass Housing mortgages are not at all considered sub-prime. The mortgages made by Mass Housing do not carry any of the hallmarks of a sub-prime mortgage. The average credit score of a Mass Housing mortgage is in the 700 range. Customarily, sub-prime loans will carry lower average credit scores, short term fixed periods, higher interest rates and limited documentation.
Mass Housing also requires full documentation of assets and income.
Are Mass Housing Rates Higher than Conventional Rates?
No – Mass Housing interest rates are very competitive and they do not carry rate adjustments commonly called “Risk Based Pricing” like a conventional mortgage would. This means a better rate for you if you qualify.
Can I Get a Mass Housing Mortgage Anywhere?
No – Mass Housing Approved Lenders must be accepted to the program and the Loan Officers who originate Mass Housing mortgages must go through intensive training on guidelines and qualification criteria. Poli Mortgage Group, Inc. is an approved Mass Housing Lender.
Will It Take a Long Time to Get Approved?
No - The Mass Housing underwriting process is streamlined and expedited so you can close quickly.
Poli Mortgage Group can guide you step by step through the process of buying a home with the Mass Housing Program.
Currently we are originating Mass Housing Loans in our Plymouth, MA branch.
Give us a call: 781-801-1400 and we will put you in touch with one of our Mass Housing experts.